Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Our Story in a Nutshell

I (Emily) will just start off by telling you, I'm not a blogger.  I'm not great at writing and/or grammar, SO just excuse my mistakes as I try to keep your attention.  :)
Jared and I have been married for 9 1/2 years now and we love being married to each other! We are best friends and love spending time together.  After being married for a few months we decided that we should start trying to have a baby. Well, that went on for a year and then I finally got pregnant! I was pregnant for 11 weeks when I miscarried. It was devastating, but we kept trying and doing different procedures to get pregnant. That went on for another 4 years. During that time I decided to go to school for Esthetics. I love helping people feel better about themselves and this was a fun way to do that. After I graduated from Esthetics school, I started seeing clients out of my home and continued to work part-time at the dentist office I had worked at before school. We talked a lot about putting our adoption papers in and starting the process. We actually filled out the paperwork twice, but it never felt right. Then finally after 5 years of trying to get pregnant, I found out I was going to have a baby! We were so excited!! My pregnancy was really easy, minus the first trimester. I was really sick for about 8-10 weeks.
 Zach was born on November 19th 2010. He was perfect! Jared and I were instantly in love with him and his tiny little features. A month later we celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. Life was really good. 
When Zach was about 8 months old we started trying to get pregnant again since it took us so long to conceive him. It has been a different experience trying to get pregnant with a little child to worry about and consider too. It actually has made it soooo much easier. As Zach has gotten a little older, (3 1/2 now) he constantly talks about having a little baby to protect. He wants to be a big brother pretty bad. It's really great that he is ready for a little baby to join our family. A few of my close friends have recently had little babies and he loves to look at them and hold them. 
I have had 4 miscarriages since having Zach. After the most recent one, we decided to put our adoption papers in. It finally felt like the right thing to do. Jared and I felt completely at peace with this decision and also excited! We started talking more to Zach about 'when' a baby would come into our family instead of 'if'. 
We are pretty excited about this journey we are on and can't wait to meet our little babe! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment